Society for the Advancement and Development of Siirt
Who we are?
Founded in 2007 in Siirt, Society for the Advancement and Development of Siirt (Gelder) is a non-governmental organization working on women's rights, social memory, nature protection, disability rights, culture and art. It especially aims on increasing the employment of women in order to make them respected individuals within their families and society.
The society collaborates with public institutions in all its studies to assure the sustainability and thus increase the acceptance of its project results by the government.
Founded in 2007 by a group of intellectuals in Siirt, Gelder has undertaken many different projects with the support of domestic and foreign institutions. It has participated in many meetings and trainings to make its projects more proficient and effective.
- 2007 - Founded in Siirt.
- 2008 - Participated in the meeting "Çölleşmeyle Mücadele (Combating Desertification)" organized by the Regional Environmental Center.
- 2008 - Associate members Yusuf Eldemir and Serdar Özyeşil voluntarily participated in the activities of a non-governmental organization in Klotzko (Poland) for 1 month under the European Voluntary Service (EVS).
- 2009 - In cooperation with Siirt Hearing and Impaired Association (Siirt İşitme ve Engelliler Derneği), it carried out Propagation of Turkish Sign Language Project with the support of Ministry of Development Social Support Program.
- 2010 - In partnership with the Ministry of National Education Siirt Public Education Center and Evening Art School and the Governorship of Siirt, Gelder carried out the Pure Mohair for Women's Employment Project with the support of the Ministry of Development Social Support Program.
- 2010 - Participated in the "EU, NGOs and Integration" certificate program organized by Bilgi University in Istanbul.
- 2011 - In cooperation with the Ministry of National Education Siirt Public Education Center and Evening Art School, Siirt Social Assistance and Solidarity Foundation and the Governorship of Siirt, Gelder carried out the project "Job Guaranteed Carpet Weaving" with the financial support of the Social Support Program of the Ministry of Development.
- 2012 - We attended in the meeting "What Next?" organized by the EU National Agency in Antalya.
- 2013 - We took part in "81 provinces and 81 projects" within the 10th National Festival's 10th Annual Festival organized by the EU Ministry in Ankara.
- 2013 - In cooperation with Siirt Social and Entrepreneur Women's Association and the Governorship of Siirt, we carried out the project "I am employed as well" with the financial support of Ministry of Development Social Support Program.
- 2013 - Executed the project called Lost Tales of Siirt with the financial support of the European Union National Agency.
- 2013 - We participated in the project called "Future Tourism" organized in Istanbul by Anadolu Efes and United Nations.
- 2013 - Gelder attended NGO Capacity Building Program organized by Educational Sciences and Social Research Association.
- 2014 - Participated in the Siirt Sage Type Conservation Action Plan meeting organized by the Ministry of Forestry and Water Affairs.
- 2015 - In partnership with the Ministry of Forestry and Water Affairs and the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, we carried out the Botan Valley Ecotourism Project with the financial support of the Ministry of Development Dicle Development Agency.
- 2016 - We took part in the capacity building meetings in Serbia, organized by the Association for the Center for Studies of Social Democracy within the context of the Erasmus + Program consisting of 7 mobility activities on the theme of "Capacity Building in the field of Youth".
- 2017 - We attended "Civil Society Forum" held in Ankara under the EU's Civil Thinking Program.